To find a balanced mind and de-stress we like to practice mindfulness meditation, an other way which is proven effective for your overall health is breathing "meditation" / exercises.
We like the Wim Hof method which has a range of health benefits;
– Boost your energy levels.
– Stronger immune system.
– Help you recover after exercise.
– Improve the quality of your sleep.
– Release of endorphins.
– Improve your circulation.
Wim Hof, aka The Iceman, is known for withstanding extreme temperatures and holds 20 Guinness World Records for it. He has climbed Mount Everest and Mount Kilimanjaro in shorts, run a marathon in the highest desert without water or food as well as enduring hours in ice baths!
THIS IS WHAT YOU DO
1. Find a comfortable position, either lying down or sitting.
2. Take 30 power breaths. Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth in short powerful bursts.
3. Take one deep breath again to fill the lungs to maximum capacity without too much force, then empty your lungs of air and hold it as long as you can.
4. Take a deep breath and hold for 10-15 sec.
Repeat 2-3+ times, start with 1 or 2 and work your way up.
5. Take a few minutes to relax and scan the body.
If you feel dizzyness or pain or any other uncomfortable sensation stop the session and breathe easily again. Remember to listen to your body and your intuition.