Freelancing or working from home sounds great on paper but when it actually comes down to it it's a quite difficult. As we are a young business we're at this stage mostly working from our home office. This has proven challenging at times as there are many distractions (fridge!) around to keep you from doing your work. We have finally got a good routine going and wanted to share it with you. Here are some things that got us going:
– Set your alarm!
– Make to do lists each day.
– Set aside blocks of time for projects and breaks and follow it like the bible.
– Make sure to take a lunch break to refresh your mind.
– Get dressed, just because you are working from home doesn't mean you should be in your PJs... plus it will make you feel better about yourself.
– Don't do house work, leave that for your out of "office" hours.
– Try to change your workstation up a bit, try a different desk in the house, go work at a cafe for a few hours or sit outside when you can.
– Make your workspace a nice space.
– Work hard enough during the week so that you can truly relax on the weekend/'off hours'.
Make your 'off time' about you and try not to think about your business.
Check out Balanced Balls for balance and greater productivity.
Images from Pintrest.